Sunday 16 August 2015

A fluttering encounter

Today's title would have been "Groundhog Day" had it not been for a couple of incidences.


original
today




















There have been three trips to the tip and the mound of refuse is going down - honest! If you compare these two photos the mound was to the height of the fence and came to the ftont of the summerhouse.  I can definitely see progress!   I have to say that, had it not been for the fantastic help I received every visit, then there would be as may visits . As I arrive and start to unload my bags / piles of rubbish are taken off me to put in the container.  They even took the underlay from the lounge from me - whilst others struggled to load the containers.  I was so impressed that I bought them some nice biscuits to have with their brew - they looked genuinely surprised and pleased.

In-between trips two and three were the incidences I alluded to.  Firstly I was visited by my very own Red Riding Hood - complete with picnic basket. My dear and kind friend, Wendy, had thought that, with all the work going on, things may be a little chaotic and had bought me 4 handmade scones - complete with jam and cream - how lovely!  I am looking forward to having them as a treat tonight and tomorrow.






After we had talked for a while and Wendy had left I started to gather together the refuse and load the car.  In-between sorting the loads a fly must have flown into my ear.  All I could hear was the incessant buzzing of the fluttering wings.  Fearing a trip to the A & E would be in order, I looked it up on the internet and it seemed to suggest that washing my ear out with water might help the situation - it certainly did!

So - apart from an early morning sewing programme, a nap and painting the second coat of the tv cabinet - that is my day. Hardly exciting but it's work that needs to be done and I am shattered!  However this time tomorrow the lounge carpet will be fitted so there is a light at the end of this tunnel - albeit just a small pin prick of one!


5 comments:

  1. Oh my word..what a horrible thing to happen with the fly!! So glad you got it sorted quickly.
    Sounds like you have great guys down at the tip...ours just stand by and watch me struggle!
    Mmm....what a good friend Wendy is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been liken to red riding hood before! Glad you got the fly out, I was picturing trying to catch it with tweezers and a run to a&e with you if it had failed!
    The gardens certainly clearer and I'm sure by Thursday night WI craft evening all will be good and new, don't panic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your reasoning for making so many trips to the tip, was getting worried you took a fancy to one of the workers.
    Could always have a suck and syphon the petrol out.
    Ugh fancy getting a fly in your ear,
    what a lovely friend Wendy is- or not, 4 scones, jam and cream, has she forgotten the subject and reason for this blog.
    Best you save them for me.!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. C.Day!!! Carpet day, you will see a big difference. Your home will soon get to normal, and you can then start to relax a bit!!!! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some weeks back you posted pics of little "gnome hats", which were the by product of one of your projects. You asked for suggestions as to what to do with them and the other day I wondered if this might be a possibility....
    http://www.hotideas.co.uk/Product/105528/micromitt-oven-glove-red-berry-pack-of-2

    I was given a micro mitt a few years ago and its quite useful for getting small pots/cups/jugs/plates out of the microwave, when the handles have got too hot to hold.
    Don't know if your little things would be suitable, you would just need to sew one edge of them together to allow the thumb to fit in the bottom part and index finger in the top one...if you get what I mean!

    ReplyDelete