Wednesday 8 July 2015

Ooh err - now how do I explain last night?

Well - as you may recall I was all set to finish the summer top after dinner.  So I set off and ate my lovely winter veg casserole - and then followed up with another small pot of raspberries from the garden.  All very "Good Life".  Then I sat down at the sewing machine.  The top is almost smock like so I gathered the back and front to sew to the yoke and got to the point where I needed to hand sew the interfacing in place when my troubles started.  I felt distinctly unwell - almost as if I was going to be sick.  But, apart from the fish which I watched being freshly cooked yesterday, I hadn't eaten anything that would cause this.  Using a logic that only I can understand, I went outside for some fresh air and pulled up some stinging nettles that were near the raspberry canes.  Let's just say that I only just made it to the sink before the "problems" started!  The rest of the evening was spent with a bowl, tissues and water - let's just say that I saw the dinner again!

Once I felt okay I went to bed and, in truth, slept well.  However on waking my problems started the other end - if you know what I mean!  I can only surmise that I have caught some sort of bug.   Don't worry - I have taken no photographic evidence!  On the plus side, however, the scales have gone down by two pounds - what's the likelihood that they go back up by tomorrow morning?



I then felt much better (albeit a tad fragile) by 9am and so decided to keep my appointment with old friends.  I am godmother to Margaret and Ron's children and we try to meet up every year for lunch.  I  avoided breakfast and, looking at the menu, went for a light lunch.

As a starter I chose Lincolnshire
poacher cheese and red pepper mousse served with two sourdough croutes and salad, whereas for the main course the only real option to me was fish and chips (remember - its the no meat week challenge!)  However I asked for no batter on the fish and my "chips" were new potatoes - no butter.  Good eh!










In truth it was a lovely and relaxing three hour lunch and catch up - with another session in the diary for mid October.  The inn, although near Newark, is 1 3/4 hours for both of us so about mid way.








Although I am feeling better I am not chancing it by having dinner as well!  So - hopefully - I will be able to do some sewing tonight!!






5 comments:

  1. Chris was after the recipe for your veg casserole but seeing your blogg today I am having second thoughts! Fish with no batter and no chips - twice - very proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will type it up and send to you - it couldn't be the veg that was the problem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo err, not nice at all! Glad its all over. Brave you going to any sort of food so early after being ill. Maybe it wasn't actually a bug or I imagine the food would have fed it and you would be ill still?? If only we knew where we picked these things up aye. After such miserable events I always think "well look at how much I have lost!" Two pounds is two pounds and if you go careful you may lose a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor old you, hope you still feel better. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes thank you - will be interesting to see the scales tomorrow though

    ReplyDelete