Thursday 9 July 2015

"Life's for living - that's our philosophy" - Mungo Jerry, "In the summertime"

Sorry about the title - thinking about the title is the hardest part of this blog journey and this song was on the radio.  I liked the sentiment of this line.

I woke up feeling much MUCH better than yesterday morning - although it was nearly 8:30am - I was really tired last night.  When I got in from "Stitch and sew" I decided to clear out the gadget cupboard. Its a small double cupboard over the sink where the must have electrical gadgets live - they live there because its difficult to get to and these gadgets have been relegated to the cupboard because I never use them.  Using the philosophy that if I don't use them then could someone else - I cleared them out and took them round to Jean.  Her daughter wants them (don't worry - I checked first) and I would rather see them used.  This also gives me a cupboard to store those large pots currently living in my wardrobe - see, there was some logic after all!

Then it was my quarterly trip up to the hospital to see the consultant about the temporal arteritis - I am hoping that the loss of headaches will continue and that I can soon come off these steroids.   However I saw a different doctor than before and he has extended my time on each dosage from 4 weeks to 6 weeks and added two calcium tablets each day!  The only good news was that my blood pressure was 131 / 93.  I really don't understand these numbers but they say that its considerably down on my normal reading.  When I explained about retiring their response was a "no wonder"! The hospital also has an M & S café so a take out coffee and iced spice bun was the order of the day - well the scales do say 2lbs off (even though it might be to do with my "difficulties" over the last day or so!)  However there was a long queue and in ten minutes the car park charge rose from £2 to £3.50 - Miss Sensible reared her head and I headed to Tesco instead!



After popping into Tesco and filling up with Petrol (I had 6p off a litre so it was worth the detour - it cost me £50 to fill up and I was almost empty) it was home to start making scotch eggs and "Christmas cake".  It is taster night at Slimming world tonight and we are all asked to bring something.  Very frustratingly I won't be able to eat much of the savoury - not even the scotch eggs - no meat remember - grrrrrrr.  I've planned to eat egg and chips after the meeting.  Jean gave me some yummy lemon drizzle cake for afters and I picked some raspberries to go with it - mmmmm.  The raspberries are coming thick and fast this year!



The rest of the afternoon was spent grappling with the summer top I've mentioned before - can't you just tell my heart isn't it?  I've got down to inserting the sleeves and doing the hem - with any luck there will be a picture to show tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the 2lbs. You claim it even if it is probably the result of your 'difficulties'. Those scotch eggs look very tempting, we have a Church picnic planned for Sunday and my present husband always likes me to make them - but they are so time consuming I try and get out of it ( but I usually fail) hey ho!! The raspberries are coming on well, you can freeze them, so if you fancy a change, you could do that. Our soft fruit is coming at a pace, which is lovely. The only thing I don't enjoy dealing with is gooseberries. The green ones are a pain, but the sweet ones are ok, you can eat them straight from the bush. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had your sensible head on! Those parking charges are terrible aren't they.
    Wish we had fresh fruit in the garden!
    Cant wait to see the top!

    ReplyDelete