Tuesday 28 July 2015

I got a "good"!!

Today didn't start so well - I woke up with a stinking headache.  Whenever I get such a bad headache I immediately fear the worst and think that its the temporal artery being inflamed again - particularly so since I dropped the medication by 1mg yesterday.  I had to drive into Louth this morning to see the dentist and it really began to feel almost migraine like - with a feeling of sickness but no flashing lights etc.  Fortunately two paracetamol saw the back of the headache - at its height the other headaches just would not go away - even when I took cocodamol!

So - onto the dentist.  Due to the Temporal Arteritis / locking of jaw etc its  been around 18 months since I saw the dentist for a check up and the hygienist for her once a year grilling.  She has been know to reduce grown men to tears and doesn't hesitate in giving them a really good telling off for not looking after her teeth.  My dentist, on the other hand is a pussy cat.  First up was the hygienist and she prodded and scraped - declaring my gums to be excellent and that my teeth were good.  Wow!  She said that although it was nearly mid morning it was a refreshing change to see teeth in such good order - wowee again!  Go me!  Next up was the dentist who said that he wouldn't rain on my parade and declared the teeth to be in good order.  However he did point out some concern with the medication that I was taking and that it could affect the healing of my gums if I was to have an extraction.  In other words I should carry on doing what I am doing - but just take extra care to not lose a tooth - he said that he has two patients who lost teeth and now have open gums with the bone sticking out - because of the medication - ouch!  Guess that's not raining on my parade then!

After a little shopping I ended up with my current favourite shop - Serendipity - for my third pot of Annie Sloan paint.  This time I am going for Paris Grey (its a kind of blue grey) to paint the two pieces of furniture in the lounge.  I am also (sorry Happymum) thinking of painting the stairs!  As I shopped in Louth I also came across a rubber backed floor runner that you can buy by length - £6.99 a metre.  Seems to me to be a good deal and useful for my hall when I have the floor laminate laid.








After lunch it was time to make a start on the hall - it needs to be cleared by Monday 10th August so I am slightly ahead of myself - but there are other rooms to be emptied as well.  Once emptied, the cupboard was moved into the conservatory ready for painting but left behind an awful mess!!




There were also three boxes that had started their life in the office, been moved into the conservatory, then stored in the hall - all moves went ahead without sorting out the boxes!  Starting last night these three boxes have been reduced to just a couple of items with the remaining stuff being thrown out / bagged up for charity or simply put away in its proper place!!  Light bulbs, for example, now have their own space in the utility room!  The envelope that you can see, however, does contain a precious cargo from America - fabric for yet another Christmas present!  Its a good job that the horticultural show has been cancelled this year ( I got a call today) - there are too many presents to be made!!

This afternoon I also made a couple of phone calls - one to the chimney sweep who is coming next Monday (see - sensible decision to get the chimney swept before the room is redecorated) and one to BT.  My telephone has not been working for a couple of weeks - although they insist that there is not a fault on the line.  However those who have been to the house are aware that there's a "Heath Robinson" affair of telephone wires going on.  I am hoping that this is all sorted after the visit - tomorrow between 8am and 1pm - cannot wait.

So - apart from walking the dogs and general housework- that's been my day.  Not particularly exciting but strangely satisfying.

HELP!!

I don't know if you have read yesterday's comments but there has been a call for thirty free minion toys from MacDonalds and thirty empty kinder eggs - if anyone can help towards this target please let me know.  Its for a youth group that my brother leads and he needs them by October (gulp!)

Minion Pin CushionEdited to add - I have just come across this pattern - any good Phil?


5 comments:

  1. Oooooh dear to the headache and the dentist! Good news your teeth are fine at the moment, but a bit scary about medication/extraction!!
    Uuuuugg!! To the hall after you have moved the dresser. Amazing what gets behind furniture when it is not moved. Your home is going to be so 'posh'!!
    Kinder egg appeal! Personally I don't like them so I won't be tempted to buy them and eat the contents, (and neither should you!). It would only take 30 people to buy one each and you will have reached your target. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But what do you think about painting the stairs?

      Delete
  2. I think it would be a good idea because the pine is looking very 'dated' however do you think something should be put on the stairs ie carpet 'thingys'. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think so - there's none there at the moment so will see what it looks like

      Delete
  3. Well we have two minions to start the collection :)
    Sounds like a good day despite the warning from the dentist!

    ReplyDelete