Tuesday 21 July 2015

Hello - its Katie here






Afternoon everyone.  My name is Katie and, since it is 50 days today that Mum retired, she has allowed me to host today's blog.

Everyone thinks that because I am old ( I celebrated my 14th birthday a couple of weeks ago) that I just lie around sleeping all the time.  How wrong can they be?  Sure I give that impression when humans are around but when Millie and I are alone - wow - its parteeee time!

Last night I went to bed at my usual time - although Millie hogged the bed so I slept on the floor (see how gracious I am - even with my old bones).  Mum didn't feel very well - I heard her moving around a lot.  I even got worried when the hall light went on but she told me that it was just the light from the computer that she hadn't turned off.

This morning Mum looked a bit better and got up early - muttering about having a purple hair day - no idea what that meant!  As soon as she left Millie and I raced around sorting all those unfinished jobs out - finishing yesterday's cutting out, ironing on interfacing and emptying the bin of those tissues ( well - how did I know that they shouldn't be shredded and left on the floor - no one tells me anything.)

I did Skype Mum at one point to see how she was doing - yikes I hardly recognised her.  Not only was it the most unflattering view but she seemed to have developed some form of mallen streak!!  Still her hair was wet - perhaps it would improve.

I warned Millie that mum would be back soon - how did I know that she went out to lunch with Jean again?  Apparently Jean had gone to the senior screen on her own and they met up for lunch - without me - how very dare she!!





Anyway Mum eventually came home - but clearly something was very wrong - her hair was PURPLE!!  You can't really see in this photo but she has a bright streak across her fringe and the rest of the hair has a purple tinge throughout.  Madness!  Mum explained that this was her retirement rebellion - colouring her hair a colour that would not be allowed when working.  Me - well when I got used to it - I thought that it flattered her - a bit.






Millie and I, after our exertions this morning, were glad that Mum went for an afternoon nap when she got home and Millie enjoyed opening her post - she had ordered something but I can't show you cos Auntie Terry mustn't see until Sunday.

Mum was very pleased with us for sorting out her fabric and spent some time this afternoon trimming off the interfacing before wrapping up a present that she is going to deliver tomorrow - I hope that she takes us with her - I have a fantastic sense of direction ( don't laugh - just cos I got lost on Sunday doesn't mean that I will do it again!) and can help her find the house if she wants.

I think that's all I have to say today except to thank you for listening to me and reading this.  It will be tea time soon and then I shall spend the evening lying in front of mum and guarding her.  See you round xx


7 comments:

  1. Katie, what a pro you are!!
    Loving the new hair do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big improvement on whoever it is that normally writes this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do not say too much Uncle Phil - I will get the job permanently and could not stand the strain. Katie xx

      Delete
  3. Wow Katie you seem to have got a new lease of life!! Well done on the blog, and thank you for allowing the young retiree to have a rest. ( what do you think of the purple hair!! Do you think she is OK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I'm honest but I'm keeping my eye on her for you. Katie x

      Delete
  4. I love your mums new hair do Katie, I agree it does flatter her.
    Wish you could tell me what came in the post, because I can't wait till Sunday.
    I could give you a nice bone as a bribe???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the hair Miss, suits you!x

    ReplyDelete