Friday 10 July 2015

Going loco down in accapulco!

Ah well - another day another song lyric!





Well the day has come - the top is finished and, ladies and gentlemen, drum roll, it fits!  I don't particularly love it but it looks better on and will be useful in hot Italy!







So - today started with the weekly dose of Morecambe and Wise before deigning to get up at 8:30am - ahem!!  First on the agenda was to make some haribo-esque sweets from sugar free jelly and yoghurt for a car journey I have coming up in the next few days. They only work out as 1 1/2 syns so are better than a tube of sweets.  Then it was time to defrost the freezer.  A friend is coming tomorrow evening to pick it up for her shed and this will then allow me to start on the utility room.




LoungePicture 3     Next on the agenda was a fact finding mission for my mother - I will soon get my car reg reported as I drive up and down country lanes looking at the outside of houses - kerb crawling?  This one looks promising but, as we all know , you can never tell until you get inside and get a feel for the property.





Next stop was a walk with the dogs - the flies were out in force but its added some distance to the tracker and the dogs were pooped when they got back.







Then it was time for Jeremy Vine on the portable DAB radio and some lawn mowing.  If you recall the front "lawn" was dug up and so hasn't been mown for some time - its a mess!





After a lunch of my favourite feta cheese and pomegranate salad it was time for a short nap before heading out for some holiday shopping.  I was contemplating buying a long dress - but wanted to try some on to see how daft I look!

To complete the day I met up with friends and have some dinner - mine was a virtuous jacket potato with beans and cheese.  Its day 5 of the no meat challenge and the end is in sight - bring on Monday morning - I see a full English looming lol!

By the way - both the scotch eggs and "Christmas cake" went down a storm yesterday.  I couldn't have my eggs but some one else had made scotch eggs with the Linda McCartney vegetarian sausages and they were very tasty!

5 comments:

  1. What was in your Christmas cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a recipe which uses scan bran - lots of fibre. It also has a tablespoon of Holden syrup, 2 of mincemeat, mixed spice, 2 eggs and sweetner

      Delete
  2. The top looks great, lovely and light for the hot weather. You didn't say if you bought a long dress on your shopping trip. The sweets look interesting and very healthy!! Didn't quite understand your meal times !!! You seemed to have dinner very early, in fact remarkably early. Did I read it wrong? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No - but I had dinner out and didn't want to let the world know that I was out.

      Delete
  3. Yep the top will be great in that sweltering heat, rather you than me going this time of year! I bit the bullet and bought a long skirt in Asda yesterday, seeing as everyone seems to be wearing them I thought I wouldn't look as silly as I thought I might, will road test it tomorrow and see if I get any odd looks.! Being elasticated at the waist I actually found the 16 too big!! That's a first!

    ReplyDelete