Sunday 26 July 2015

13.5 degrees - a very british summer!!

So I woke up after a lovely nights sleep (if you read the blog yesterday then you will appreciate why I needed that!) to the coldest morning so far!  To add insult to injury my leg also hurt and it looked like I had a swollen ankle - difficult to imagine how I had injured myself overnight!  I could only think that the cobbles of Bruges had taken their toll.

Pat
Grace and Ruby
So - ankle strapped up - I ventured over to Scamblesby where a group of like minded people spend a day a month together enjoying ourselves sewing.  Some also go to the monthly sewing class that I blogged about last Saturday but Pat has not been introduced before - nor have Grace and Ruby.  Grace and Ruby are the grand daughters of Terry and were a delight to spend the day with.  It was reassuring to see these young ladies enjoying their sewing as much as we did and they were proud of their tea towel bags - Ruby declaring it to be the best thing she has made so far!

Ruby - with tea towel bag
Grace's bag (she's shy!)

For my part I was making a Christmas present - if you recall I shared the fabric in an earlier post.  Sadly, and frustratingly, I mis-cut some of the pieces so could not finish the project - that will have to be achieved      later in the week.


Grace - got her!!
Driving home the car registered the "high" temperature of 13.5 degrees - I am seriously thinking of lighting the fire!!  I shouldn't be surprised - its the start of the school holidays after all!  However the rest of the evening beckons - egg sandwiches for tea, a woolly jumper and some knitting - I sure know how to live!!


4 comments:

  1. What a great day we all had, thank you for your help today with the girls,
    They really enjoyed it,
    and I loved my present.
    Sure you will feel better after a good nights rest .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch to the ankle.
    Well done on inspiring the girls, the bags looked great!
    Brrr...yes its just as cold and wet down here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you've soon got back into your old routine!! You could try a different activity other than sewing, how about the family tree you started ages ago!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, fire lit and heating on for part of evening, though Mark in shorts.

    ReplyDelete