Friday 26 June 2015

I am a mole and I live in a hole

Today has felt as if I ought to be doing something but have forgotten what it was.  I woke up at 8am having had a terrible nights sleep - it was so hot here that for long periods of time I was wide awake - even reading at one point to induce sleep.  Perhaps that was the reason why it took me so long to get going and why, in reality, I have achieved little today.





As the church treasurer I was paying a few cheques when I noticed that one of them was due by the end of June - and the postal address just happened to be near to the strawberry farm.  Cue hand delivery with a quick and totally justified stop off for another couple of punnets - that's six so far in just over a week!! None of them have been thrown away however - and they're good for you!!




Taken from the base of an old look out station
The sea goes out quite a long way!!
Playing hide and seek!
Then I decided to set off for a long walk.  What with the suspected sciatica and toothache I've neglected these long walks and am behind schedule - by now the ticker should be reading 26 km!!  The weather forecast suggested that it would be cooler in the morning and rise in the afternoon.  However as soon as I started the car engine, the sunshine came out and it was a pleasant, hot and tiring walk - as you can tell from my not so glamorous selfie!

This can't be good for you!!

After a simple lunch of steamed salmon followed by strawberries and yoghurt it was time to make the RAK for tomorrow - clearly more details tomorrow.  I am not sure about the RAK today but I am picking up a couple of people for our monthly book club meetings and taking them home - since its not my turn I guess that it should count as a RAK but I am hoping that there will be another opportunity before the evening is out.

Next on the agenda was a quick visit to the Nurse practitioner at the doctors.  My cocktail of drugs are on repeat prescription and is due for renewal in august but I will run out of one of them before then so I just need the repeat prescription sorted.  Since the headaches appear to have gone I am hoping that I can soon stop taking the cocktail.  In fact the Nurse Practitioner was so impressed about the lack of headaches so soon after retiring that I may just have talked her into retiring as well - she says she's thinking of it.  (RAK???)

After continuing my crafting the final event is the aforementioned meeting of the book club.  We meet and enjoy a meal whilst discussing this months book - the harrowing "The Storyteller" by Jodie Picoult.

By the way I came across this the other day  - thinks it sums my life up!!


.....
 
 
 
and the title of today's blog - no connection whatsoever - I just liked the song!!





4 comments:

  1. Man, if it was as hot with you as it was with us, I don't envy you that long walk!!Really good news the head aches have gone...as well as the sciatica and shh, dare we say, toothache!
    Great t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tooth is a little numb - it's still there but I am not being ultra careful about not eating with it so the salt water must be working

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brill! Amazing something so simple as salt and water can solve what was a painful problem!

    ReplyDelete