Tuesday 26 May 2015

Mother knows best!


Although it's technically still half term, today was the first day since retiring that I had nothing planned - no outing outside of the home / no appointment to attend and so forth.  As such, then, today was the first test - how would I cope with all this spare time?

With my mother's sound advice ringing in my ears - I did try to pace myself - honest!

Woke up at 6:58am (this would normally be the latest that I could lie in until before setting off to work) and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast.  By 9am I had cleared the kitchen, loaded the dishwasher and tidied the table and chairs area in the garden ready for these long sunny meals!

I then set about making the bag pictured above - quite a simple design but loved the fabric since it reminded me of my Labrador  - Millie.  Phew - I needed a break so had a leisurely coffee and caught some rays - before washing down the walls of the conservatory with sugar soap and then rinsing them off - preparation for painting on Saturday.

After a healthy salad for lunch (no more "pack ups" - yay!) and a short afternoon nap (well!)  it was off back into the garden to mow the lawns before the rain appeared. 

With a dog walk at the beach to round the day off it has felt like a good day.  I could get to like this retirement lark!

Oh - and one more thing - today has been the first day for months that I have not taken any paracetamol for my headaches - RESULT!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful productive day...and all at your own pace....no clock watching either...the best kind of days! Great news about the headaches too! Love the weight and exercise charts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting the hang of this blogging lark - its amazing what you can find out when you've got the time!

    ReplyDelete